Thursday, January 21, 2016

Feedbacks

Nobody likes to receive critics, that's for sure; but they can become, especially if nicely formulated, a good way to revise and improve your work.
Bad feedbacks are the worse, especially when you feel like people overreacted a bit and gave space to their frustration .

I received a very disappointed feedback for one of my tutorials just before Christmas. I felt quite bad about it, especially 'cause I find it a bit unfair and I never received complaints about them in these years of selling. I wanted to kindly contact the buyer to ask for explanation, in order to actually see what I did so bad to cause so much confusion and disappointment, but a person dear to me had a snow-related accident and my thoughts and priority went elsewhere. I also thought nobody wants to be bothered on Christmas time from a seller...

Twice in 3 years has a customer asked for some help and deeper instructions, which I was really happy to give; I drew additional schemes for them, we had a long conversation since they were beginners...one of these customers actually ended up collaborating with me and becoming a tester for a new tutorial!

Before creating my first tut, I decided to deeply analize bead tutorials from other (more famous) beaders and sellers: I am myself a buyer and what I wanted to achieve was a tutorial that also a total beginner might use.

This is why I made sure to use Illustrator to draw each and every single passage, even the really simple ones, to make sure that I didn't give anything for granted. Fotos might be tricky and I found myself more than once using my immagination to understand where the needle was supposed to go.

Far from me the idea of saying that my tutorials are great or perfect: they are just made with love and dedication and they are open to revision and endless help from my side.

Ok, I admit that all this is actually a way to excuse myself from never editing and selling the 2 new tutorials that are "almost" ready since two months on my laptop... but the feeling of disappointing a person is not easy to overcome.

I hope to cope better in the future :)



1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear that, Silvia! You will hardly be able to get over the "bad taste in your mouth" after this but just don't forget that people's minds are different in terms of thinking and understanding as well as reacting in such situations - some are nicer :) Moreover, one complaint in... how many sales? It's so difficult to make a 200% "full" proof product!

    ReplyDelete