Friday, January 11, 2013

Japan challenge

I will start talking about next Etsy Beadweavers challenge, which theme is Japan, because one post is not enough to explain how big my love for Japan is.

Source: Pinterest



It's a love born by accident you might say, in 2005.
I used to spend 2 hours a day on a bus to go to work, and couldn't manage to read, so I decided to try learning a new language with some audio lessons.
I did some research on the internet and found out a lot of website about Japanese and fell in love.

After learning the 2 alphabets on my own I found a school and started some serious lessons, which I have tried to keep attending despite my many relocations...
Most people start learning this language because of mangas or animes, for me it was the other way around: after I started my brother asked me to watch some anime with him and a whole new world opened up.

Source: Pinterest



Some of them are pieces of art. Some just make you laugh hard and cry at the same time.
Only after two years I discovered another addiction: dramas, Japanese TV movies.

Of course during all this time I have also developed an interest (addiction) in every other aspect of Japanese culture, like bentos and cooking, street culture and traditional arts.
I still haven't got the chance to go there but I firmly believe I will very soon.

Talking about wishes, there's a tool to help you succeed called Daruma.

Source: on Pinterest



It's a doll with white eyes, which you are supposed to draw like this: make a wish, draw the first eye. You need to make a commitment, it's not about magic: the one-eyed-Daruma is there to remind you of your desire and the strength you need to pursue your dream.

Source: Pinterest



Only when (and if)your wish comes true you can eventually draw the other eye on the Daruma.
This is why I started my brainstorm for the next challenge with a tiny beaded Daruma:



We'll see what's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment